1 Minute Horse Stance DailyELEMENTAL BREATHING
- Find something akin to the bricks we played with to practice balancing on. Be creative (can be trees, ropes, etc). Seek out unstable ground and sprout, strong deep energetic roots from the base of your belly, down through the soles of your feet to the core of the earth. Once you've established roots, play with gently swaying your body in whichever ways feel fluid and natural. Roll your spine like a wave. Let go of muscular tension and let the energy guide the movement. No force needed.
- Play with a partner and try to uproot one another. Bend your knees to stay grounded. Keep the bodies soft and fluid, yet rooted. Go slow. Soft power.
- Practice a rooted horse stance for about 30 seconds to start, then add 5 seconds longer each day. Breath into the lower belly and remain soft.
- Balance on one leg with your eyes closed.
Find a comfortable place to sit on the earth, facing the sun.
Take a few deep breaths through the nose, softening and filling the belly, expanding the diaphragm, back of the rib cage and all the way up to the top of the chest. Fill all the space available in your upper body with air, hold for a few seconds, and when you exhale, allow the chest and belly to fall together.Earth
Breathing in and out through the nose
Tune into the energy of the earth. As you breath in, imagine the energy coming up from the ground, into your sacrum and absorbing it into your body. As you breathe out, imagine the energy moving back into the earth. Root yourself through the tailbone and down into the soil.Fire
Inhale through the nose and exhale out the mouth.
Tune into the energy of fire like a dragon breathing flames from it's mouth.Water
Inhale through the mouth and exhale out the nose.
Connect with the wave-like motion of your breath, feeling the energy of rivers, streams and oceans coursing through your body. Make a slight sound like the sea as you exhale through the nose.Air
Breathe in and out through the mouth.
Imagine being the wind, connecting with the mutable lightness of the air.Ether
Breath in and out through the nose...very subtly.
Imagine a vaporesque energy, lighter than air. Breath very slowly and softly into the top of the nose. Make sure the breathe is so light and subtle that you cannot physically sense it moving in and out of the nose.
When you are done take a few deep breaths into the lower belly, a few inches below the navel to ground the energy.
Slowly open your eyes.
Tap the top of the head a few times. Begin in the front/center of the head and tap outward and down - moving from the front to the back of the head. Then massage the earlobes.
Note: for a 13 minute practice, take 3 deep breaths in the beginning (1 minute), then 6 breaths for each element on a 10 second inhale/10 second exhale pace (10 minutes), then end with 3 lower belly breaths (1 minute) and then tapping and earlobe massage for a minute.BODY ACTIVATION
- Rub palms together while rolling the tongue to gather saliva in the mouth. When palms are warm and you have gathered saliva, take a deep inhale through the nose. Place your palms on your face and exhale into the palms. Then inhale, drawing the energy from your palms into your face and eyes. On the next exhale, swallow the saliva and move your palms down the centerline of your body, drawing the energy down to the lower belly. Rest your palms on the lower belly for a moment, then repeat (3 times total).
- Close your eyes and gently press the backs of your index fingers onto your eyelids, putting most of the pressure into the outer corners of the eyes. Remain here for a few moments until you see white light.
- Tap your head starting at the front and center, moving your way down and back. Repeat 3 times. Then with your fists gently knock on the head in the same motion. Repeat 3 times.
- Massage your earlobes for about a minute.
- Stretch your arms over your head and breath deeply into the back and bottom of the lungs. Slowly twist to the right and then to the left.
- Spinal roll forward making a "tchwaaay" sound directed into the kidneys. Repeat 3 times, then lightly pound the kidneys with your fists.
- Spinal roll to the left making a "huuuu" sound directed into the spleen. Repeat 3 times, then lightly pound the spleen with your fists.
- Spinal roll to the right making a "shhhhh" sound directed into the liver. Repeat 3 times, then lightly pound the liver with your fists.
- Massage your kneecaps in a circular motion with your palms for about 30 seconds. Then lightly tap your knees with your fingertips. Continue tapping down the shins.
- Press your thumbs into the pressure point about 4 finger-widths up from your inner ankle. Hold for about a minute.
- Massage your feet. Make fists and rubs the soles of both feet in a circular motion for about 30 seconds. Lightly pound the soles of your feet with your fists. Then with open palm slaps. Then with finger tapping.
Inner Smile - Nourishing the Organs
Energetics: Deep wisdom, connection, serenity, trust, gentleness | Fear, anxiety
Color: Deep blue
- Rub your palms together quickly to generate heat.
- Place your palms over your kidneys, located on either side of the lower ribcage/the small of the back.
- Take a moment to attune to the kidneys, bathing them with an inner smile of acknowledgment and appreciation. It helps to understand how they serve your body.
- Imagine permeating your kidneys with a serene blue light - use your inner eye to connect with them. Follow your energy as it moves deeper into the kidneys and keep your awareness there.
- Breathe in through your nose, taking in the essence of wisdom and tranquility, while channeling that feeling through your hands and into the kidneys. After awhile the words don't matter so much, it's more about cultivating the essence of these words and flooding that energy into the kidneys.
- Exhale out the mouth making the "Tchwaay" sound, while releasing feelings of fear and worry.
- Maintain the inner smile for the whole practice.
- Repeat a few cycles until you feel complete.